Sunday 3 July 2011

Swear Jar

We've all heard of the swear jar.  I've decided to set one up with a difference and not only does it benefit me - but if I don't stick to the rules the funds go to Girls' Brigade Christchurch so its a win-win!

The rules:
1. Excercise 1hr per day, 6 days per week - consequence $10 into the jar per day
2. No junk food, chocolate, take-aways, hot-chocolate's etc - consequence $5 into the jar per item
3. Drink 2 litres of water per day - consequence $2 into the jar per day

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  Every athlete exercises self-control in all things.  So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air.  But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
1 Corinthians 9:24-27

I would encourage all of you that read this blog that if there's something you could do to be a better you maybe you could set up a challenge for yourself and create your own version of a swear jar - I'd love to hear if you do

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great idea!
    We have a system here, where if any one of us misses a day (that's not a designated rest day) we have to buy dinner for the rest of the group. It's a great incentive for us all to keep up our gym attendance.

    Not only that, but if we do miss several days, the pain is just not worth it. Two of our group have found that out already... after attending for 3 days, 2 of our group missed 2 days at the gym, they were paying for it, hoping to go back to where they were at on day 3, and finding it wasn't possible.

    Out of our group of 4, I'm so far owed dinner from all 3 members - 2 members owe 1 meal each, and 1 member will owe 3 meals. HAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete